We understand that the decision to relocate to an aged care facility, whether for yourself or a loved one, can be a challenging experience full of mixed emotions.
When you move into Christian Homes Residential Care, you can expect a high standard of personalised care, tailored to your individual needs by our friendly and competent team.
Choose from two accredited facilities in the Kingborough Region of Southern Tasmania and enjoy the security that comes from knowing that your or your loved one's comfort and well being is the utmost importance to us.
We welcome prospective residents and their families to tour our facilities, meet the facility manager and discuss individual needs.
- Each resident has their own private room with its own ensuite and external views. Our facilities are fully air conditioned with individual room controls.
- Separate communal dining and lounge areas with tea making facilities and peaceful garden outlooks, perfect for relaxing, reading a book or meeting friends and family.
- 24/7 registered nurse on site. Special care and expertise are required for taking great care of older people, that’s what we do best.
- Telephone and internet available. (at resident cost)
- Tasty, nutritious meals. All meals are cooked and served on site retaining the home cooked meal style.
- Chapel services. Regular services are conducted by our Chaplain.
- Group Activities. Various daily activities are offered in locations within the Villages and residents are encouraged to participate to the extent they feel comfortable. Each Village has a small bus to enable our Leisure and Lifestyle staff to arrange outings and activities to places of interest.
- Peaceful gardens and welcoming outdoor areas.
- Services; Our Villages have a hair salon with a visiting hairdresser, a kiosk stocked with popular items, as well as visiting health professionals, for example: optometrist, podiatrist and audiologist.
“The staff are really lovely… They’re all caring, they’re all so friendly and nice.”
Joan (Hawthorn Village Resident)
When you’ve been out all day, it’s so nice to come back to the room and be cosy. The staff are really lovely. I think they’re hand-picked. They’re all caring, they’re all so friendly and nice. If you’re not well, they’re just there to help you. They get to know your family and my daughter comes in with the Labrador sometimes and they’ve got to know the dog too. I’ve got a friend coming for lunch tomorrow, and she can join lunch for five dollars. I couldn’t take her for a coffee for that!
“They can’t be helpful enough here, all the staff are kind and friendly.”
Jennie (Snug Village Resident)
When the doctor said that I couldn’t have any stronger medication at home, I decided to move in to Snug Village. It’s all lovely, the food, the different kinds of entertainment and the accommodation. They can’t be helpful enough here, all the staff are kind and friendly.